About St George Power Boat Club
Speedboat Racing has been held on Kogarah Bay, under the management of the St. George Motor Boat Club, since 1921. The St. George Motor Boat Club initially commenced racing in 1920 along the foreshore of Botany Bay.
In 2003 the Motor Boat Club devolved management of boat racing to a newly formed sub-club, the St. George Aquatic Club with it’s own constitution and membership. In 2016 the Aquatic Club members voted to change the name of the club to the St. George Power Boat Club, to better reflect the power boat racing activities. The Club remains a sub-club of the St. George Motor Boat Club.
We rely on sponsorship to fund our club days and the annual Speedboat Spectacular. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please refer to the Sponsorship page to download a sponsorship package.
Many of the events held on our Spectacular weekends have quite a history behind them with races and trophies being named in memory of past boat racing drivers.
The St. George Power Boat Club has the use of the St George Motor Boat Club’s Marina facilities and of course, all spectators on club days and Spectacular weekends are able to use the main club’s food and beverage areas.