Amazing news from last nights APBA meeting!
We now have the structure approved to enable the start of Thundercat racing on 31 October 2015 at St. George Power Boat Club – Kogarah Bay.
The next steps are as follows:
- Join the St. George Motor Boat Club – entry forms are on their website https://stgeorgembc.com.au/
- Join the St. George Power Boat Club $5 annual fee
- Obtain APBA licence/boat registration – the new forms incorporating the more economical fee structure are being put together over the next couple of days.
- The APBA fee structure is as follows:
- $350 annual fee for owner/driver, OR
- $200 annual fee for owner, OR
- $150 annual fee for driver
- Passenger/2nd crew member – no charge but must be over 16 years of age, a member of the St. George Power Boat Club, complete self assessment medical form, fill in a “day licence form” to capture their details, sign indemnity form (if under 18 must be co-signed by parent guardian.
- Drivers must undergo a medical by local GP
- Race numbers will be issued at registration with the APBA, starting from T01
- numbers to be placed on engine cowl
- APBA Officials will be present on 31 October to collect APBA Driver/Owner fees, they should have an eftpos machine available, cash is often easier
Day Racing Licence/Boat Registration
Given the short time between now and the 31 October, a Day Racing Licence/Boat registration may be utilised
- Cost of Day licence is $150 owner/driver; $90 owner; $60 driver
- A self assessment medical is required
- Only 2 day licences can be used per season
- The cost of any day licence is deducted from the cost of the full time licence
APPROVED DRIVER CLOTHING
Approval has been given for the racing clothing to include
- Downhill mountain bike helmet (Dave Minton has a photo of same)
- Arms & Legs must be covered e.g. racing suit, overalls, track suit.
- Ballistic / Wet Suit Shorts
- Life Vest
The boats need to have the following safety features
- Rubber “torque” straps to hold down leg (from lower transom bolts to rear of cav plate).
- No bolts protruding inwards through transom (bolt heads on the inside).
- Outboard must be bolted on, not clamps only.
- Only plastic fuel tanks to be used, strapped to floor (not transom).
- Throttle return spring.
- Any ballast should be a plastic bottle only (water filled).
Race Day Details
- Daily race entry fee (currently $75) is payable to cover the costs of the Paramedic, Maritime Exclusive Use advertisement etc.
- Alcohol breath testing is conducted
- We will run both Handicap and Scratch Races
- The order of racing is likely to be
- Club Boats
- Each class will require a different course to be set up
Remember we have an Aquatic Club meeting tonight 20th October, and We have our Presentation Night / Informal social gathering on Friday night.
Everyone is welcome to both. We hope to see you soon!